Jason Morosko, Vice President of engineering of UltimateAir®, will be teaching the HVAC portion of PHIUS (Passive House Institute US) Consultants Training Program throughout the month of August.
As an evangelist for the RecoupAerator and its value to any Passive House project, Jason is a recognized ventilation practitioner and Passive House certification trainer. At the training program, he will be providing educational lectures on Passive House principles in whole-house ventilation, something that is crucial in today’s homes as a means of impacting the health and comfort of residences while also prolonging the life and durability of the individual buildings themselves.
This training program is geared to North America’s unique climatic, building code, and materials challenges. Jason will be teaching on the following dates:
- August 8th – Chicago
- August 24th – Portland, Oregon
- August 31st – Denver
While Jason will be providing his expertise to HVACs, the training program overall will allow participants to:
- Understand the implementation of Passive House principles in residential, commercial, and retrofit scenarios.
- Learn from instructors who have designed and built Certified Passive Houses.
- Work in inch/pound or metric units—PHIUS has adapted course material and Passive House Planning Package software for North America.
- Study built examples—including mechanical systems—for each North American climate zone.
- Learn about local materials suited for Passive House applications
- Perform cost optimization and economic feasibility tailored for the U.S. market.
- Work with custom climate data sets for North America.