Incorporating a whole house ventilation system into your home can deliver a host of benefits for you and your family all year round. We’ve listed key advantages in past posts, and a thorough list can be found on our helpful What Is an ERV? page.
During the winter months, though, fresh air systems for homes can be particularly vital. Let’s take a look at why using a whole house ventilation system in the winter months can help keep your home fresh and efficient!
- Recirculation of Air – Unlike during spring, summer, and portions of the fall (when a home’s windows are often opened to freshen a space), winter mostly keeps homeowners “boxed in” and breathing the same air for three months or more. Using a fresh air system for your home, though, will allow you to draw in clean air and exhaust old air so you can breathe easier and sleep more soundly.
- Removing Cooking Odors – Though ERVs are adept at the removal of cooking odors all throughout the year, they particularly shine during the winter months. This is because, as noted above, windows are kept closed for these months so any cooking can lead to lingering odors that engulf a living space. The increased amount of cooking during the holidays only contributes to this fact. With a whole house ventilation unit, though, you can mitigate this problem.
- Removing Pet and Bathroom Odors – While some cooking odors, like turkeys and Christmas cookies, may be welcomed aromas within the home, other scents that can build up are not. Odors emanating from bathrooms, or those due to indoor pets, can be an unwelcomed side effect of the closed windows brought on by cold winter weather. Utilizing a whole house ventilation system, though, can remove these odors quickly and efficiently and keep your space smelling fresh.
- Aiding Respiration for Asthma Sufferers – Another major benefit of ERVs is the systems’ ability to reduce pet dander, pollen, dust, allergens, toxins, and more from your home’s air. While this is certainly advantageous for anyone within your living space, those who suffer respiratory issues such as asthma particularly benefit. With homes closed up for most of the winter, the particles listed above can build up, so having a system in place to usher in clean, fresh air is essential.
- Keeping Temperatures Consistent – Another key benefit to whole house ventilation systems is their ability to assist you in keeping the internal temperatures of your home consistent from room to room. Not only will this give you a more pleasant living space during the winter months (with you not having to worry about large temperature swings from one room to the next), but it will help you to be more energy efficient and save money – something everyone can appreciate!
UltimateAir’s Fresh Air Systems for HomesNow that you know some of the core benefits of installing a whole house ventilation unit for the winter months, it’s time to take a look at the reliable systems from UltimateAir!
Our systems include:
- 200DX ERV RecoupAerator® Whole House Ventilation System
- ER80M ERV RecoupAerator® Fresh Air Ventilation System
- Commercial Building Ventilation with a 200DX ERV RecoupAerator® System
To discover key insights and product specs for these units, be sure to visit our products page!