How It Works?
The Technology inside an Energy Recovery Ventilator
Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV)is connected to the duct work of your HVAC system. Equipped with two fans, one fan draws fresh air into the building while the other pushes stale air out. As the two air streams pass through the ERV, the patented heat exchanger transfers both heat and moisture from one air stream to another. In other words, the heat from the exhausted air is transferred to the fresh air entering the building.
As outside air enters the ERV, it is also filtered by the heat exchnage material rated as a MERV 12 filter to capture contaminants. After passing through the patented dual purpose heat exchanger, the warmed fresh air is distributed through-out the building. Up to 99% of the heat energy from the stale exhaust air is transferred to the incoming air flow. This creates incoming air temperature closer to the temperature already inside the home, therefore requiring less energy to condition (warm or cool) the new air. Our superior high efficiency is why the UltimateAir ERV is less expensive to own and operate.
- Indoor air is fresh, comfortable and healthy
- Allergy & asthma triggers are removed
- Room-to-room climates are more consistent
- Dust less often
- Helps control pet odors
- You’ll feel better– even sleep better
- Your home will be safer from mold and mildew
- Pet and cooking odors are cleared quickly
- Maintenance is easy– system even alerts when it’s time for a filter change
- The service life of your HVAC system is extended
- Quiet operation
- Best product support available